VP/Manager Private Equity Waterfall
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a private equity and real estate fund services firm, is seeking a Vice President / Manager to join their Client Implementation and Waterfall team. The right candidate will be expected to learn and develop expertise in all aspects of the on-boarding process, waterfall model development, as well as participate in firm-wide initiatives and industry thought leadership.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert on private equity waterfalls, carried interest calculations, and configure/deploy waterfall calculation models for existing and new business.
- Manage and coordinate waterfall calculation modeling.
- Consult both internally with fund accounting teams, and externally with clients on interpretation and construction of total return and deal-by-deal waterfall models.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or Economics; MBA, CPA, CFA, or CAIA a plus
- 5+ years of private equity accounting experience either at a fund or fund administrator
- Experience modeling waterfalls, Total Return and Deal-by-Deal: be able to efficiently and independently build an Excel waterfall model
- Preferred 3-5+ years’ experience in managing a team of accountants, senior analysts and supervisors.
- Experience in servicing clients in the asset management industry is a plus