VP Financial Reporting and SOX Control
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client is seeking a VP, Financial Reporting and SOX Control in their New York City based office.
- Oversight of internal financial reporting and analysis for the John Hancock reinsurance agreements on both STAT and GAAP basis
- Oversight of Insurance & Agency Group ( l&AG’s) internal control program compliance with company’s organizational standards, governance and practices implemented under Sarbanes-Oxley and the Model Audit Rule
- Subject matter expert within Insurance and Agency Group Finance on STAT and GAAP technical accounting. Support the Corporate Accounting Policy group, as needed, with technical accounting research on l&AG matters
Qualifications and Requirements:
- CPA required
- 4 year college degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 10 years of financial reporting experience in insurance or reinsurance and 2 or more years in public accounting.
- MBA or other industry credentials a plus.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry and business process trends and is able to apply that knowledge to existing business processes with a focus towards process improvement
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and Model Audit Rule compliance requirements
- Interaction with Independent Auditors on control issues and potentially State Insurance Department regulators
- A sound knowledge of insurance is required and will be utilized to formulate appropriate questions and commentary on financial results and confidently engage in discussion of both operational and financial performance