Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client is looking for an underwriter for their NYC office. The Underwriter is responsible for reviewing, maintaining and implementing underwriting philosophy, strategy and guidelines for commercial E&S lines of business for all states while working exclusively with wholesale brokerages. He/She is responsible for handling assigned risk reviews, including making and implementing underwriting decisions on new business, renewals and endorsements. The underwriter will be responsible for developing solid agency relationships and maintaining a profitable book of business.
- Performs all underwriting for new and renewal accounts within the assigned territory.
- Identifies and request additional information required to complete analysis.
- Analyses experience/exposure to provide quantitative data for the underwriting decision process.
- Monitors the day-to day activity on assigned accounts to keep all internal departments informed of all relevant account activity.
- Participates in underwriting audits in order to support production and become familiar with accounts.
- Participates in interdepartmental team efforts, such as implementation of updates to the production system.
- Upon binding a contract, inputs abstract information into database; contract documentation diary. Identifies items to be copied for underwriting audit.
- Rate, quote bind and issue policies on risks that fall within authority level and within the guidelines.
- Train and support underwriting assistant on all aspects of position
- Maintain necessary insurance manuals and/or other reference materials for the underwriting team.
- Manages the profitability for the assigned territory.
- Is a strong team player and willing to pitch in and help in all aspects of the Commercial Casualty E&S Division.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels in the company.
- Maintain confidentiality of company-sensitive data.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Keep supervisor informed of activities and situations which will impact the achievement of corporate and department goals and objectives.
- Perform other related duties as required to achieve the goals and objectives of the company and department.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Bachelor's degree preferred
3+ years’ experience as a brokerage E&S underwriter