Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client is seeking a Tax Manager in their NYC based office.
This role will focus primarily in three areas of income tax: tax planning, US GAAP tax accounting, and international tax compliance. In addition, this individual should be familiar with transactional concepts relating to mergers and acquisitions. The person will have opportunities for exposure to all levels of corporate management and external advisors.
- Manages, deploys, maintains and continually optimizes the Company’s Federal, State and International Tax Provision
- Manages other aspects of the tax accounting and reporting function (FAS 109, FIN 18)
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of tax basis balance sheets
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating impacts of tax law changes.
- Develop and maintain critical relationships between Tax, Controllers and Legal to ensure Tax has a well-informed view of the business operations
- Assists in development and implementation of strategic initiatives to reduce taxes in a time of changing tax legislation in the US and Canada.
- Assists with international and federal tax aspects of acquisitions, including cross-border reorganizations and tax due diligence.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting necessary
- MS or MBA in Tax preferred
- CPA preferred
- Seven (7) to ten (10) years of domestic corporate tax experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP and reporting requirements
- Significant tax compliance and FAS 109 experience
- Experience covering complex tax issues in a real-time environment
- Knowledge and experience with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ADP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic, organizational and interpersonal skills