Senior Equity Product Controller
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a financial services firm, is seeking a Senior Equity Product Controller in their NYC office. The ideal candidate should have the ability to rationalize and re-engineer complex, interlinked, spreadsheet based processes.
- Review and report Profit and loss from trading activities, and evaluate the accuracy of trader supplied valuations. This includes calculating and analyzing P&L, and explaining P&L movements.
- Provide daily net revenue inputs to the management reporting group.
- Month end actual vs reported review and reconciliation
- Liaise closely with multiple groups such as Operations, Technology, and Market Risk to resolve issues.
- Responsible for the proper accounting treatment of trading activity including preparing/posting journal entries and performing the month end general ledger accounting close
- Support process and system improvements through leading and participating in various project initiatives.
- Understand the process flows from front end systems to subledger into the General Ledger
- Ensure Compliance with Internal / external audit and regulatory requirements
- Provide ad-hoc reporting to senior management, and look to identify and develop other relevant management information (MI).
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years of experience in Product Control or commensurate Finance/Accounting experience.
- Experience with identifying control gaps, and implementing changes to improve the control environment.
- Experience developing team members and managing the strengths and weaknesses or a group.
- Strong technical and analytical skills. MS Excel expertise, ability to control and reconcile large data sets.
- Critical thinking and problem solving experience
- Organized and able to prioritize under tight and conflicting deadlines