Senior Claims Analyst
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, an insurance agency, is seeking a Senior Claim Analyst in their Chicago office. The ideal candidate must be capable of working under limited supervision. In this role, the claims professional investigates, evaluates, negotiates, and resolves litigated and non-litigated bodily injury, property damage, personal and advertising injury, and construction Defect claims of high exposure and complexity.
- Construction defect claims
- Analyze coverage, identify coverage issues, and prepare coverage letters for supervisor approval
- Investigate and evaluate liability
- Investigate and evaluate damages
- Manage litigation by assigning counsel from the approved panel where applicable, establish litigation plan and budget, coordinate with defense counsel, and continuously review the potential for resolution.
- Establish timely reserves within authority and re-evaluate throughout the life of the claim
- Maintain up-to-date, appropriate file documentation and written file notes
- Maintain an active diary and productive file inventory
- Timely completion of all required large loss reporting
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- In-depth knowledge of the E&S insurance industry, including legal and regulatory environments.
- A strong functional and developing knowledge of substantive laws and legal procedures.
- Attributes and superior command of the skills necessary for handling complex primary, excess and surplus lines claims for various lines of business,
- E&S Insurance industry: 5 years
- Claims Handling: 10 years
- CGL claim handling: 5 years
- Construction Defect claim handling: 5 years
- Multi state P/C adjusters license