Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a cosmetics company, is seeking a Senior Accountant in their NYC office. The ideal candidate must have retail experience with an understanding of financial controls.
- Responsible for closing the books, account reconciliations, and other ad hoc projects. This person should be looking to grow into the position of controller.
- Analyze balance sheet and income statement accounts and prepare account reconciliations as appropriate
- Prepare journal entries as appropriate
- Review and process expense report; review invoices and requisitions for satisfactory payment approval; and, assemble invoices to be completed for payment
- Prepare the daily bank reconciliations and weekly cash flow projections; update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Maintain the fixed asset master ledger and depreciation schedules
Qualifications and Requirements:
- CPA is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in a similar environment
- Willingness to extend themselves and assist other people
- Understanding of financial controls
- Experience and competency working with Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment