Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a financial services firm, is seeking a Senior Accountant in their NYC office. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of general accounting experience.
- Prepare, review, and facilitate timely payment of broker compensation in accordance with their contracts; consults with Senior Management and head of businesses
- Perform month end close pertaining to Broker Compensation utilizing Oracle General Ledger system,
- Perform monthly balance sheet substantiation, evaluate adequacy of expense accruals, resolving issues, and escalate key items to management timely
- Prepare executive summary and report to Senior Management on a monthly basis
- Liaise with the IT Team to continue improving and implementing the roll out of the global broker compensation system in Oracle
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3+ years in an accounting role
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple tasks and manage team priorities and workload
- Advanced analytical and Excel capabilities, project management skills
- Critical thinking, team oriented views, attention to detail, communication - excellent oral and writing skills