Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a global REIT, is seeking a Property Accountant in their NYC based office.
- Review and analyze third party financial statements by third party managers; and journalize to Company books and records.
- Reconcile between third-party domestic financial statements and Company’s books and records. Review variance analysis provided by third party providers.
- Perform accounting close on a monthly basis.
- Record monthly accruals
- Prepare state sales tax return
- Perform monthly cash/escrow account reconciliations
- Analyze intercompany and related-party transactions, perform supporting reconciliations, and book complex intercompany journal entries.
- Perform balance sheet and income statement variance commentary. Reconcile bank accounts, escrow accounts, tenant receivables and other balance sheet accounts
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in a dynamic environment (for a public REIT a plus)
- Experience in Property Accounting and Lease Administration a plus
- BS/BA in Accounting
- Proficient computer skills
- Mixture of public accounting and public company experience is a plus.