Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our Client, a Los Angeles based residential, mixed-used real estate development company focused on high quality, infill product in Southern California, is seeking a Project Manager for their Los Angeles based office.
- Oversee development project management from inception to completion
- Manage and coordinate all internal and external project team members from various disciplines including acquisition, legal, finance, design and construction.
- Contract, perform, and oversee due diligence tasks with respect to zoning, title, environmental risk and other development barriers.
- Analyze and underwrite proposed projects and include evaluation of comparable projects.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the project pro-forma and schedule, including initiating new and updating/comparing existing versions to original.
- Assist in the negotiation of joint venture documents, loan documents, purchase and sale agreements, etc. as necessary and applicable to assigned projects.
- Negotiate professional service agreements with architects, engineers, consultants, general contractors, subcontractors and trades.
- Act as a liaison with third-party partners and lenders, if applicable, and provide any required reporting to such partners and lenders.
- Monitor project progress, budget and schedule and report any variances or issues.
- Coordinate with consultants and municipalities to obtain entitlements and permits.
- Interact with neighborhood groups and city officials.
- Work with the architect, engineer and contractor to value-engineer design.
- Coordinate with Construction Management to ensure successful completion and stabilization of projects on time and within budget.
- Research and monitor local real estate sub markets and industry trends.
- Assist with management of various aspects of the development process as needed, with the guidance and oversight of senior Development team members.
- Oversee design, development and construction document preparation
- Oversee the construction bid and award process
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years of development experience with substantive involvement in at least one complex mutlifamily, or mixed-use project, from inception through completion. direct site acquisitions experience and ground-up development, including site assemblages, underwriting, negotiation, and development of multifamily, condo and/or commercial properties in the division
- Expertise in entitlement processes, title, survey, and environmental review, and closing real estate transactions
- Extensive knowledge of local real estate market with emphasis on site assemblage, zoning/planning approvals, land use, and market trends