Payroll Systems Analyst
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a major firm with well over 20,000 plus employees, is seeking a Payroll Systems Analyst in their Bergen County offices. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of payroll systems activities associated with employee information, retrieval capabilities, and reports. The ideal candidate will have a general, effective understanding of payroll wage and tax laws.
- Assist in the development of user/business requirements, translating the needs to system technical requirements and setting up project work teams.
- Provides custom report development and may provide standard reports to clients.
- Responsible for providing reports and metrics to meet the needs of the Payroll Department and other departments.
- Ability to produce reports using PeopleSoft Query, SQL, XML Publisher, and Connected Queries.
- Develop solutions to complex Payroll/Human Resources Systems/Technology situations or projects that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
- Act as subject matter expert on PeopleSoft implementation projects, leading the process of documentation, design, change management, cost estimation, project management, testing, production support, and auditing.
- Maintain a strong leadership role in the direction of PeopleSoft initiatives.
- Participate in all aspects of PS implementations from project initiation through implementation.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS in Computer Science or related experience.
- 5+ years of experience with all aspects of PeopleSoft HRMS/Payroll configuration and functionality, including PeopleSoft Time and Labor and self-service applications.
- 10+ years of experience including documentation, design, change management, cost estimation, project management, testing, production support and auditing.
- Experience with report writing
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of technological/automation theories, principles, and best practices.