Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a leading insurer, is seeking an Underwriter in their NYC office.
- Responsible for underwriting, servicing, and maintaining a book of excess casualty business through solid risk analysis and pricing.
- Determine and recommend acceptable pricing and terms, within underwriting authority, on new business and renewals.
- Maintain compliance with state filings and adhere to corporate underwriting and pricing guidelines.
- Meet all divisional servicing objectives including but not limited to quote turnaround, policy issuance, phone management, file maintenance and documentation.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of annual business plan.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Bachelor's, advanced degree, or equivalent;
5+ years of Excess Casualty underwriting experience
Requires advanced knowledge of underwriting concepts, practices, and procedures
Demonstrates experience with and technical knowledge of commercial excess/umbrella
insurance coverage including risk selection, methods and pricing.
Strong organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Excel and Word)