Insurance Legal Assistants
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a leading insurance company, is seeking Insurance Legal Assistants in their Fort Lauderdale office.
- Use analytical skills to review case files in Atlas and present to attorney
- Initial identification of appropriate parties involved in potential actions
- Prepare Complaints & Summonses
- Perform background searches to obtain the most recent addresses for all parties
- Search public records for relevant information for potential and current lawsuits
- Follow-up on contractual agreements
- Prepare file for attorney’s review
- Communicate directly with Process Server
- And other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be flexible with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced litigation environment;
- Must be able to perform a variety of administrative duties such as scheduling, filing court documents, etc.;
- Must be able to prioritize and identify urgency as well as manage time and multi-task effectively;
- Ability to work as a team member and independently handle various tasks.
- Must be able to type 65 wpm & have had experience in filing motions for extended time