Head of Digital Asset Custody Technology
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Well- funded Digital Asset Custody firm with committed clients is seeking a Head of Technology, Digital Assets in their NYC office. The ideal candidate will have the experience to build the company’s technology vision, functions, and team to run the business. This person should also have experience with blockchain/crypto, be a hands-on technical leader, and be passionate about the emerging digital assets space.
- Responsible for all aspects of technology, including setting and implementing the tech strategy, evaluating and selecting technology solutions, developing and implementing an information security and risk management program, and building and leading the technical team
- Responsible for defining technology vision and roadmap. This includes ensuring that technology will support business demands and leading development of future architectural platforms to support business strategy with effectiveness and efficiency
- Develop the company’s strategy for using external technology resources; evaluate and assess processes, security, and vulnerability of external providers. For example, evaluate compliant cryptographic key management systems and their capabilities
- Partner with Operations Manager to identify and implement procedures and workflows that complement information security best practices for storing digital assets
- Maintain procedural and work flow documentation governing the management and security of virtual currencies and tokens
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field; MS/MBA preferred.
- 10+ years’ of experience within Information Technology either within financial services or Fintech, with a minimum of 5+ years’ experience in an IT security role.
- Knowledge and experience in working with cryptographic technologies
- Experience in key management processes, best practice and technologies
- Familiar with best practices for federal government and for regulated custodians and federal financial institutions.