Qualified Candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client is seeking a Grant Accountant to work on a team of dedicated accountants in their NYC based office.
The Grant Accountant will be responsible for managing the life of multiple federal, state and city as well as private and foundation grants contracts. This person will have at least 3 years managing government grants and will be comfortable in a fast- paced and growing non-profit organization. They will work closely with program directors on budgets advising based on analysis, be responsible for maintaining timely and accurate agency financial records and meet deadlines in accordance with requirements of funders. The ideal candidate will be driven to meet deadlines, be an expert user of MS Excel and will have a command of analyzing budgets.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field required
- 3-4 years of Accounting experience working at a senior level. Must have experience managing federal, state and city grants
- Ability to analyze financial reports an making recommendations
- Ability to be flexible and to adjust work schedule to reflect varying accounting deadlines
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel required
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal, organizational and problem solving skills; able to multi-task, strong follow-through skills and detail oriented
- Strong knowledge of accounting software programs (Intacct experience preferred)