Fund Accountant/Operations Analyst
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Midtown based hedge fund seeks a Fund Accountant / Operations analyst in their NYC office. The ideal candidate will have 2 years of strong accounting/operations experience with an understanding of F/S, balance, sheets, ME close/K1’s, etc.. This role offers a lot of opportunity, contributions, and growth with good exposure to senior management and other areas (front office, IR, marketing).
- Assist with fund & management company accounting, investor reporting, year-end audit & tax preparation, trade support, daily reporting, cash & collateral management, and contributing to various ad hoc projects
- Month-end close/reconciliation process with Fund administrator
- Year-end audits and tax preparation, including financial statements and tax returns/K-1s
- Preparation of monthly estimates, month-end net asset value calculations, and P&L attribution and exposure reporting
- Daily review of trade, position, tax lots and cash reconciliations between firm, prime brokers and administrator
- Rectifying and resolving trade breaks and ensure timely settlement of trades
- Performing daily/monthly comparison of profit and loss
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong academic credentials
- Approximately 2-3 years of total experience either straight public or a mix of public accounting and hedge fund experience
- CPA preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel