Financial Reporting Supervisor
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client is seeking a Financial Reporting Supervisor in their New Jersey office. The ideal candidate should have a thorough knowledge and understanding of fund accounting, GAAP and the investment management industry.
- Direct the activities of a group of 2-3 administrators to ensure optimum efficiency, effectiveness and quality by implementing and reviewing operations.
- Assist with the identification of new regulatory and industry changes and coordinate changes to processes.
- Preparation and review of annual and quarterly financial statements and regulatory filings.
- Preparation and review of quarterly SEC and IRS compliance testing.
- Review the accounting information provided for audits and tax reviews.
- Review all reconciliations.
- Provide training to new employees.
- Actively manage the client relationship by having weekly contact with the client and maintaining any changes to the client calendars.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA certification or candidate a plus.
- 4+ years of experience in fund accounting, fund administration, financial reporting or other investment industry positions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Flexibility with work hours as required in supporting the clients’ needs.
- Thorough knowledge of operational issues involving the investment management industry.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of legal, regulatory and accounting principles which directly affect the investment management industry and their clients.
- Experience with SEC filings, i.e., Form 10-Q, Form 10-K, etc.
- Experience with closed-end and open-end registered funds preferred, Business Development Company (“BDC”) experience a plus.