Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a fashion accessory company, is seeking a Financial Analyst in their Long Island City office. The successful candidate will provide support for the budgeting/forecasting process, month-end closing and variance analysis, cash flow modeling and various ad hoc projects.
- Assist in preparing annual budget and quarterly forecasts for multiple divisions and brands.
- Develop balance sheet and cash flow forecasting model and review results monthly in order to make continuous improvements to the model.
- Participate in month-end close process including variance analysis of expenses and gross margin reconciliation.
- Work with staff accountants during close process to ensure proper accruals are made.
- Develop models to improve the efficiency and accuracy of expense forecasting.
- Update monthly sales and allowance reporting.
- Assist in maintaining budget database.
- Actively participate in integration of two recently acquired companies into financials.
- Track monthly expenses and identify opportunities for savings.
- Update and maintain bonus compensation model.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS Degree with emphasis in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of financial planning and accounting experience
- Highly skilled in Excel, including pivot tables, macros and complex formulas in order to manipulate large amounts of data
- Experience in cash flow modeling
- Experience with Lawson a plus