EVP - Property Management
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Top tier real estate company is seeking an EVP – Property Management in their NYC office. The ideal candidate will have at least 7 years of experience in property/asset management with a strong background in NYC multi-family or commercial properties. This role will be responsible for the overall property management of the company’s entire portfolio including but not be limited to monitoring, analyzing and reporting on the performance and operations.
- Visit the properties regularly and participate in regular asset and portfolio management reviews.
- Capital Expenditure & Replacement reserve planning and management process and for assets within scope.
- Collaborate with other members of the Operations Management team and field property management staff to mitigate negative variances.
- Participate in quarterly and annual assessments/evaluations of current performance and future outlook of properties.
- Follow up on all issues appropriately and timely and escalate resolution.
- Partner with your managers in identifying and prescribing methods to better manage the site control needs of varied sites throughout the portfolio.
- Work closely with Accounting, Property Management, IT, and Facilities departments to improve the financial reporting/reforecasting process and tools.
- Lead the development of Asset Plans, capital and operating budgets, and reforecast reviews for assigned assets to ensure that the assets’ plans maximize their value given market conditions.
- Manage financial performance by maintaining an acceptable P&L performance through oversight of each property.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelors’ degree in Finance, Real Estate or related field
- 7+ years previous experience as a Manager in property management/real estate firm
- Property and asset management experience with a strong background in NYC multi-family properties and commercial properties
- Knowledge and experience with financial accounting, financial reporting and budgets
- Must have knowledge of City/State administrative agencies such as HPD, DOB, DHCR etc.
- Must come with previous residential and commercial property experience.
- Must have knowledge and experience with financial accounting in real estate, financial reports, and budgeting. Strong literacy with Excel.
- Must be familiar with Rent Management software. Yardi experience a plus.