E&O/Cyber Underwriting Director
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
The E&O/ Cyber Underwriting Director (officer level position) manages the development, implementation and management of the organization's underwriting functions. Responsibilities include ensuring the policies, procedures, process, and quality review programs align with the company's business goals and values. This individual will be in charge of our Cyber Liability and Technology E&O book of business and partner with other leaders within the organization to ensure the unit is an integral and influential part of the business.
- Participates in the development of company underwriting standards and objectives and assures they are being met and consistently applied.
- Develops a high performing team of employees through effective coaching, mentoring and training.
- Responsible for the development and management of product and policy forms and filings.
- Makes recommendations for modifications of the underwriting program to maintain the continuity of the underwriting effort.
- Stays current on underwriting trends and market activities of the competition.
- Reviews referrals on product for team.
- Serves as product expert.
- Monitors and manages workflow for product.
- Reviews claims and works with Claims Department and Counsel to manage risk.
- Works with Legal on policy form (endorsement, language, intent, etc.)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong operational capabilities with a proven track record of developing, implementing and overseeing quality processes, procedures and policies that improve business operations.
- Must have a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook) and other applications relevant to the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or insurance-related area is required.
- Three to five years of experience as a professional liability underwriter.
- Five years of proven management and or underwriting team leadership.