Director - Fixed Income Product Management
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a leading insurance company, is seeking a Director – Fixed Income Product Management in their NYC office. This person will function as the subject matter expert for fixed income mutual funds, ETFs and SMAs with the salesforce and be responsible for all messaging, positioning, peer competitive intelligence etc. The ideal candidate will be an ambitious individual that possesses a deep understanding of the financial markets, proven mutual fund and ETF experience, strong analytical and writing skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects.
The Product Manager will be responsible for covering fixed income products offered by MainStay Investments and IndexIQ across mutual funds, ETFs and SMAs. The position will be based in our headquarters in New York City. This role will serve as an advocate for their assigned strategies across multiple distribution channels, recognized as “go-to” product experts across the organization. You will support the product line through a broad range of investment, marketing and sales-related responsibilities. This role will provide investment updates and analyses, work closely with the Investment Management teams, detail investment style/process, portfolio strategy and recent performance.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years of investment-related experience. Prior Product Management, Investment Management or Research experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA and/or CFA a plus
- Strong investment industry knowledge
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and complete projects on a timely basis
- Strong PC skills, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proficiency with industry tools, such as Lipper, Morningstar, Strategic Insights, FactSet, etc. a plus