Director of Model Analytics
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a financial services company specializing in structured finance is seeking a Director of Model Analytics in their NYC office.
The right candidate will have experience reviewing existing and building new financial models for structured products, MBS and other debt instruments. Lots of room for growth as company moves forward with strategic growth plans.
Building and running financial models; reviewing and assessing existing financial models with a goal towards streamlining such models to enhance operational efficiencies; performing analysis and assisting in the development of new analytics and models for various new business initiatives. The Director will serve as primary gatekeeper for all official models, report findings of any material updates/issues to senior management. Review models developed by others, propose and/or lead model development as appropriate. They will also assume a lead role to develop ideas and quantitative approaches to analyze various components of firm’s portfolio to quantify, report and mitigate risk.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 6+ years of model develop and validation experience required
- Strong advanced Excel and SQL knowledge.
- Knowledge of R, Python, C++ is a plus.
- Exposure to risk management and new business financial modeling is a plus.
- Strong data mining and data analytics skills
- Ability to effectively learn, adapt and assess technical tools and solutions.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision as well as take a lead role on projects.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.