Director of Affordable Housing
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a leading affordable housing developer, is seeking a Director of Affordable Housing in the San Jose area.
The position is based in the San Jose office but would involve work primarily within Santa Clara, San Mateo, and Alameda counties.
- Identify sites in municipalities with potential local funding programs
- Develop the project program, initial project proformas, budgets, and schedule
- Work with development team to obtain entitlements (State, City, Regional, Planning, Public Works, Building, Utility, etc.), including public presentations to neighborhood groups and public approval bodies
- Obtain and close funding for the project including identifying sources, submitting applications/RFPs and negotiating terms
- Permits and Construction:
- Management of consultants and internal design-build process to achieve targeted project construction budgets, schedules, and quality standards
- Marketing, Sales, Leasing, Closing:
- Oversight of marketing and leasing consultants
- Selection and negotiations of property management partners, and service providers, in collaboration with senior management
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of 5 years working with affordable housing construction projects using tax credit and bond financing
- Demonstrated team leadership ;public presentation skills
- Comfortable creating and reporting budgets
- Communicating well with outside consultants and in-house general contractor
- Desire to work in a diverse, entrepreneurial company and environment