Director of Accounting
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, an entertaining company, is seeking a Director of Accounting in their NYC office. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, be organized, have a sense of urgency, and be a dedicated team player.
- Lead the accounting team responsible for accounting and reporting including month end accruals, reconciliations, revenue and expense and balance sheet analyses, and monthly / quarterly reporting
- Preparation and recording of required journal entries
- Review and approval of invoices and other expenses for payment
- Management and facilitation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial close processes.
- Monitoring of financial results to facilitate financial analysis
- Effective operation and monitoring of the Company’s Internal Control Over Financial Reporting
- Facilitation of the external audit process
- Provides audit support including transaction backup, walkthroughs, and SOX processes as required for internal and external audit teams
- Responsible for appropriate review and coding of invoices/journal entries affecting areas
- Analysis of balance sheet accounts for the Entertainment and Sports Properties divisions
- Ensure that account reconciliations are properly prepared and fully supported
- Establishes schedules for the completion and review of all periodic reporting requirements and ensures that these requirements are met
- Maintenance of internal controls, including compliance with Section 404 of the Sarbanes Oxley Act
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 8+ years of accounting experience within entertainment industry
- Bachelor Degree in Finance/Accounting required, with a preferred MBA, and required CPA
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- CPA required with working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Expert analytical, accounting and financial skills are required
- Experience in monthly analysis reporting and monthly closes
- Expert level Excel skills, with experience in HCM, Oracle, ADI, TM1, Infor and Coupa applications strongly preferred