Digital Marketing Manager
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a boutique, privately held investment manager based in Midtown is looking for someone with strong Marketo experience & knowledge for a digital marketing manager role. The firm works with both active and passive funds, with a focus on the ETF space. The role itself will be very hands on and involved, collaborating across teams to maintain the firm’s digital presence. Financial services/investment management experience is a plus, but not a deal breaker.
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
Ownership of daily email marketing production in support of all business lines. This includes email creation (using content from Product Management, Communication and Marketing), management of approvals and distribution.
Work with a cross-departmental team, maintain and develop the master email marketing content calendar for all 7 business channels.
Excel at HTML coding and knowledge of technical web coding practices, including CSS, with an emphasis on email marketing HTML coding best practices.
Help with the training of internal marketing staff on email best practices.
Promote a consistent look and feel throughout all email templates and communications.
Assure that web-based information supports email communications.
Keep current on emerging web technologies through relevant blogs, listservs, training and conferences.
Support the automation of email drip campaigns.
Partner with Technology to maximize/leverage the functions and features within Marketo email tool.
- Four-year college or equivalent education and experience. A degree in English, Economics, Communications, Journalism, Graphic Design, and/or Computer Science, a plus.
- Prefer 5 years of experience in digital media, within the financial services mutual fund or ETF arenas.
- Expert working knowledge of the Marketo email marketing automation tool. Certified Marketo Operator, a plus.
- Proven ability to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-departmental team. Ability to interact with all levels of staff and clients.
- Expert understanding of the web development/production cycle, including knowledge of cross-browser/platform issues.
- A basic aptitude for multimedia file creation and manipulation with software fluency with Flash, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop is a plus.
- Ability to project manage exceptionally well and communicate progress to the Senior Digital Marketing Manage and/or Head of Digital Marketing as needed.
- The ability to troubleshoot and resolve unexpected design and programming issues quickly and efficiently, and to work both in a team and independently on high priority assignments is essential.
- Experience in the mutual fund or a related financial services industry, with a focus on email marketing. Internet/Web marketing, including content development is a plus.
- Experience in technical and/or online writing, journalism, marketing or public relations a plus.
- FINRA Series 24, 7, and 63 licensed preferred (or willingness to acquire).