Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a multifamily developer, is seeking a Development Director in their Santa Barbara, CA office. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of multifamily development experience in the Southern California markets.
- Support the Development Team with managing multiple phases of the real estate development process
- Participate in all aspects of development including site selection, due diligence exploration, financial analysis, budgeting, contract negotiation, development consultant management, site acquisition, investment package creation, coordination of the permitting process, execution of the construction documents, and general contractor management
- Actively support the Development Team on current and pipeline development deals in a substantial way that positively impact projects
- Identify and assess strategic development sites through market research, demographic studies, apartment database reviews and competitive analysis
- Coordinate and participate in multifunctional teams to analyze existing market conditions, unit mix, property and unit amenities and features, rental rates and operational expenses at given properties
- Develop a matrix of key competitors including property locations, specific amenities and pricing in strategic markets and submarkets
- Participate in the preparation of pre-development budgets and schedules for proposed projects from the initial phases
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 5+ years’ experience in multifamily development strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Real Estate, Architecture, Civil Engineering, or Building Construction Management preferred
- Graduate degree in Business Administration, Finance or Real Estate strongly preferred
- Work experience and knowledge of Southern California markets strongly preferred
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills
- Knowledge of construction processes
- Ability and willingness to travel to various locations in Southern California as required