Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a leading multi-family property management company, is seeking a Cost Estimator in their San Francisco office. The ideal candidate will immediately add value to the organization and mesh with the dynamic, hardworking, and adaptable team.
- Work closely with Asset Management, Design, Infrastructure, etc. to realize the design intent of various project types.
- Visit project sites and be able to interpret the design intent as it is affected by the actual condition existing at the site.
- Develop and prepare conceptual estimates from minimal plans and verbal descriptions of the design intent.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates by analyzing plans and specifications and performing quantity take-offs for select trades. Be technically savvy.
- Itemize specific scopes of work, assemble, distribute, and manage the contractor bidding process.
- Qualify and level contractors' proposals according to project specifics.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 4 Year degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or 5+/- years of experience.
- Knowledge of current unit costs of various scopes of work.
- Extensive knowledge of industry practices, procedures, and market trends.
- Proficient with software such as: On-Screen Takeoff, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Demonstrate commitment to continuous learning.
- Review estimates for completion and technical accuracy ensuring quality and integrity