Content Development Lead
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client is in search of a content development lead for their team. The firm is the research driven, boutique private wealth shop of a larger, very well-known investment shop (over $500B AUM). This role will be responsible for creating and developing the strategy for all content within the private wealth shop, and ensuring said content is on brand and consistent. This person will manage a small team as well. Investment management knowledge is a must and experience in high net worth, private bank, wealth management experience is preferred.
Holistic approach to content creation. Define objectives governing our thought leadership efforts, including:
Building brand awareness
Reinforcing the firm’s value proposition while enhancing perceptions of their capabilities
Working closely with leadership and investment professionals to ensure maximizing and leveraging the best content
Create measurable targets for the distribution and impact of content that are directly tied to those objectives by audience segment
Working with Marketing Heads, Business Development, Public Relations and Investors, determine how to best prioritize and package content for the different customer/prospect psychographic segments (delegator, validator, soloist) and influencers (e.g., press), factoring in:
New types of content, including those best suited to the target audiences (e.g., educational, value add, etc.)
Changing media consumption preferences by segment
Ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video and print.
Ensure a consistent and innovative stream of content across all types and formats, including infographics, video, blogs and white papers
Develop a functional content calendar, working with marketing leaders and editorial support
Develop standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing
Be a player coach – able to both write and supervise writers; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field.
- Ability to write/create content and communications
- 10+ years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation.
- 10+ years of asset management/financial services experience.
- Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics.
- Excellent understanding of how developing web techniques are changing the way content is presented and delivered.
- Fluency in web analytics tools (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics) and social media applications.