Construction Accounts Payable Specialist
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a multi-family property management company, is seeking a Construction Accounts Payable Specialist in their San Francisco office. The ideal candidate will have experience in back office operations of a construction management group and will love to work as an integral part of a high-performance team. The successful candidate will be familiar with construction & job cost accounting.
- Provide administrative and clerical support by ensuring payments are issued by receiving invoices, processing, and reconciling in accordance with established policies and procedures in a timely and accurate manner. Receive, process, and sort all incoming invoices & pay applications.
- Act as primary contact for vendors via phone and email to answer billing and payment inquiries.
- Match invoices to Contracts, Purchase Orders and Work Orders to ensure accurate billing.
- Ensure vendor invoicing is complete, including lien waivers and any additional paperwork as required for payment.
- Code and enter invoice data in Yardi
- Resolve payment and documentation discrepancies with vendors
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements.
- Provide accurate document preparation and records management relative to the AP function in accordance with records retention policies and procedures.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED; Associates Degree or higher from a college or technical school preferred
- 2+ years of A/P experience with a minimum of one year experience with construction AP
- Prior experience using Yardi property management software preferred
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- General math skills
- Proficiency in MS Office, including the ability to operate computerized accounting and spreadsheet programs
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy of work, and confidentiality
- Excellent data entry skills