Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, an insurance company, is seeking a Claims Analyst/Examiner in their Fort Worth office.
- Responsible for managing and adjusting high frequency with low to medium severity claims involving premises, property damage, medical payment and general casualty claims impacting primary and umbrella policies. Ensure high level of customer service and technical claim file quality.
- Duties may include, but are not limited to: proactively handling claims from first notice of loss through ultimate resolution, working and advising internal partners on claims, developing a plan of action for ultimate resolution, obtaining budgets and meeting with clients and brokers.
- Provides outstanding customer service and works well with the insured, broker and TPA in the handling and adjudication of claims.
- Analyze and draft coverage letters as appropriate and communicates coverage positions effectively.
- Conducts, coordinates, and proactively handle investigation and ensures timely resolution of claims.
- Directs and closely monitors assignments to experts and defense counsel as necessary.
- Evaluates information on coverage, liability, and damages to determine the extent of exposure to the insured and the company.
- Drafts reports, sets reserves within authority or make claim recommendations concerning reserve changes.
- Travels to conferences, mediations, and trials as necessary.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Should have a high degree of specialized and technical competence in the handling claims.
- Minimum of 4 years of handling high frequency/ low severity premises, property damage, medical payments and general casualty claims.
- College degree required or matching equivalency.
- Ability to work independently and assimilate learning materials on many different subjects from various sources.
- Excellent interpersonal communications and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Should have technical competence in all aspects of casualty claims with particular emphasis on timely customer service.
- Experience in handling and adjusting claims in multiple jurisdictions