AVP Senior Accountant
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a leading REIT, is seeking an AVP Senior Accountant in their NYC office.
- Work with the Controller as a shared service model by utilizing internal finance team, external fund administrators, and external transfer agents activities
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of month/quarter end close including General Ledger maintenance, expense accruals, intercompany activities, and accounting analysis
- Understand business transactions and GAAP in detail and leverage knowledge to prepare journal entries accurately
- Creation and implementation of processes and controls to enhance reliability of information
- Understanding of Fund Accounting, SEC reporting and disclosures, as well as Consolidations and Eliminations
- Interaction with SEC reporting, Corporate Accounting, Regulatory Reporting, Product Control, Treasury and Cash Management in order to ensure proper accounting with GAAP
- Internal and External Reporting for all products/entities as well as the overall investment management business, inclusive of the Sponsor of the REITs
- Understanding of various legal agreements inclusive of debt, operating, and other agreements as applicable
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required and CPA license is preferred but not required
- Management reporting, and lender/ compliance reporting experience
- 6+ years of combined experience in a financial accounting group at an Investment Bank, fund management or broker dealer
- Direct experience and knowledge of commercial real estate, investment management companies (Funds), and Delaware Statutory Trusts.
- Technology proficiency and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite is essential