AVP, Operational Due Diligence
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a global asset management firm, is seeking an AVP, Operational Due Diligence in their NYC office.
- Work with investment due diligence teams globally to conduct and manage the operational due diligence for the company’s fund investments in both the public and private markets.
- Review, conduct and report qualitative assessments of investment managers’ operations, internal controls and risks, as well as the company’s ongoing developments in those areas, including news and relevant regulatory standards and industry developments affecting the managers, its service providers, and investments managed.
- Relevant responsibilities include scoping/ defining procedures, documentation reviews, on-site visits, service providers’ reviews and reporting.
- Other duties assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Excellent academics, preferably a CPA and/or CFA designation
- 6 to 10 years of related experience (e.g. operational due diligence, auditing or accounting and back office operations) over a broad range of strategies, including hedge fund, private equities and real estate funds globally.
- Good knowledge of global regulatory and compliance rules and regulations, as well as risk, structures, operational processes / policies / controls and best practices in the industry.
- Strong analytic and business diagnostics skills. Strong commercial acumen. Independent critical thinking and proactive in creating effective solutions for issues.
- Excellence in verbal and written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Good team player who respect and work well with people of all levels.
- Committed, dependable and positively driven to deliver high standards of work even under time pressure.
- Attention to details and accuracy, able to multitask and manage multiple reviews and projects within deadlines.
- Flexibility to travel and work in different time zones with overseas teams and external parties