AVP - Fixed Income Product Manager
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a global asset management firm, is seeking an AVP – Fixed Income Product Manager in their NYC office. The ideal candidate should possess strong investment acumen, understanding of economics and capital markets with demonstrated working knowledge of municipal and taxable fixed income strategies. This candidate should also have a strong understanding of fixed income markets and be viewed as a subject matter expert on investment and product issues pertaining to their strategies.
- Positioning a set of municipal and taxable fixed income investment strategies, researching product/competitive trends and creating compelling product content.
- Work closely with the portfolio managers and client channels acting as a liaison between the portfolio management team and both internal and external constituents on product specific matters.
- Act as a business manager and liaise with legal, tax, marketing, board relations and other departments to help with content and other potential issues
- Lead and coordinate the product marketing efforts and will also act opportunistically in providing product marketing support
- Collaborate with senior product managers to develop robust product marketing plans and pipelines
- Lead creation and execution efforts and regularly evaluate the existing product marketing suite to identify opportunities for new content, enhancement or rationalization.
- Product Management/Infrastructure: Work with legal, compliance, accounting and trading functions on matters relating to the covered strategies.
- Investment Team-Related: Work closely with PMs to become deeply knowledgeable of each strategy.
- Product Marketing: Ensure that positioning and unique voices are clear and consistent throughout all forms of product marketing for clients and prospects.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Strong investment acumen, understanding of economics and capital markets with demonstrated working knowledge of municipal and taxable fixed income strategies
- Strong and demonstrated product marketing experience across mediums and client channels
- Passion for being a meaningful contributor and collaborator within a high performance investment culture
- Knowledge of separately managed accounts, mutual funds and other investment vehicles
- Highly driven work ethic and track record of execution excellence
- Superior analytical and system abilities with impeccable project management skills
- 6+ years of related experience
- Series 65 required; Series 7 and 63 preferred
- MBA/CFA preferred