AVP Asset Management
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a global, REIT, is seeking an AVP of Asset Management in their Dallas, TX office. This role will be responsible for oversight of the operations of a portfolio of industrial properties.
- Oversight and direction of third party listing brokers and lease negotiation including financial terms and lease language
- Oversight and direction of in-house or third party Property Managers, including A/R collection, capital expenditure review and approval, operating expense approval and overall property operations
- Review and approval of annual property operation budgets including leasing, operating expenses and capital plans
- Review and approval of mid-year property reforecasts including lease and capital timing.
- Review and approval of annual operating expense reconciliations
- Travel to markets for property tours, property manager visits, tenant meetings and annual broker marketing events
- Manage Annual NOI, Cash Flow and Capital Expenditure performance of portfolio consistent with property underwriting and corporate model returns
- Quarterly review of property level Argus models used in corporate model, annual reforecast and budget creation
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Economics or other related field required
- 5 plus years relevant experience preferred
- Experience in financial modeling with an understanding of basic finance concepts such as NOI returns, DSCR, cash flow returns, internal rate of return, and present value
- Extensive experience with ARGUS, Microsoft Excel & excellent financial modeling skills
- Excellent research skills and aptitude to understand the dynamics of various locations, submarkets, economic conditions and financial markets
- Ability to interact with real estate brokers, property managers, property accountants, attorneys, tenants and senior managers within various groups of the company or tenant’s organization
- Strong negotiation skills to be used during new and renewal leases as well as lease administration
- Ability to travel as required by the position