Asset Manager - Office
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, a real estate investment firm, is seeking an Asset Manager-Office in their NYC office. The Retail Asset Manager is responsible for strategically managing retail real estate investments to maximize property performance, asset values and investment returns.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the real estate markets in which portfolio assets are located
- In collaboration with team members, prepare and oversee the execution of the annual business plans for each property including development of leasing objectives, operating and financial budgets, and capital projects
- Actively participate in the leasing process which includes guiding venture partners in strategy and approving all LOIs, new leases, renewals and redevelopments
- Develop and implement leasing and repositioning strategies, including annual marketing and advertising/social media plans, and tenant relations initiatives
- Periodically visit and tour assigned assets, attend trade shows nationally, meet with brokers and tenants and seek out new business
- Provide material support in the new investment process by providing the team with market intelligence in geographic markets where managed assets are located.
- Responsible for performing short and long-term analyses for existing investments, development projects and potential acquisitions.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS in Finance / Accounting / Economics preferred
- 2-5 years of experience in the retail real estate sector
- Proficiency in Argus. Working knowledge of Yardi, MRI and VTS a plus
- Deep “hands on” experience at the asset level including leasing and asset management negotiating skills
- Depth of tenant relationships and knowledge into retailers’ market position, expansion plans, and co-tenancy preferences
- Must have take-ownership mentality, while being a collaborative team player who exhibits maturity, creativity, diplomacy and self-confidence