Asset Management Associate
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Leading real estate investor seeks an Asset Management Associate in their Atlanta office. The ideal candidate should possess a basic understanding of real estate finance including debt and equity structures.
- Assist in the management of a portfolio of highly structured commercial real estate loans, while adhering to company policies and procedures, and managing client relations.
- Provide a high level of loan surveillance support to the Asset Management team by monitoring and reporting on property level cash flows, rent rolls, market conditions and property valuations for a nationwide portfolio of loans across all types of commercial real estate property types.
- Collect, review and analyze property, borrower, and guarantor financials.
- Update and monitor loan specific information in the loan servicing system.
- Assist Asset Managers with collection of loan documents, reviewing monthly waterfalls and producing monthly and quarterly reports.
- Communicate with Borrowers, Lenders/Investors and Sponsors as directed by Asset Managers to obtain loan balances, supporting documentation and property updates for capital expenditure projects, leasing activity, construction status, condo sales, etc.
- Prepare and submit correspondence letters to Asset Managers for review including general correspondence, delinquency letters and non-compliant letters.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 2+ years of experience in Commercial Real Estate Asset Management.
- Understand and analyze balance sheets and income statements
- Knowledge and familiarity with underwriting and/or asset management of commercial real estate debt
- Analytical skills to understand complex commercial loan documents and borrower financial statements.
- Understanding of 3rd party reports including appraisals, property condition reports and environmental reports.
- Understanding of property operating statements for all commercial property types (e.g. hotel, office, multifamily, and self-storage).
- Bachelor’s degree (Real Estate, Finance/Accounting, Business preferred)