Accounting QC Associate
Qualified candidates, please attach resume when applying.
Our client, an investment management firm, is seeking an Fund Accounting Associate in their Connecticut office. The ideal candidate should have fund accounting experience at an asset manager, fund administrator in accounting or operations or has experience auditing funds.
- Daily review of NAV, PNL, performance, reconciliations, and client reports
- Engaging in design and implementation of metrics and management tools
- Ensuring that functional work (e.g. reconciliations of accounts, valuations and returns) is completed excellently, without error, and according to procedure
- Ensuring that account events are accurately reflected and processed; validate the accuracy of vendor output
- Partner with various departments in the build out, testing, and evolution of new designs, processes, reporting, and controls
- Collaborate with management to identify opportunities for improvement and address issues, risks and inefficiencies
- Organize and drive to completion anything from simple process enhancements to larger strategic initiatives
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, demonstrating a strong academic record from a competitive school
- 2+ years of Accounting and/or Operations experience, CPA is a plus
- Prior experience in financial services i.e. investment baking, hedge fund administration, hedge fund, investment bank setting or consulting firm (Accounting or Operations specific consulting)
- Ability to perceive risks and make quality decisions, often with incomplete information
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills demonstrated under pressure with tight deadlines